How to apply:
Apply online at https://careers.umich.edu.input 229384 by keyword. Follow the instructions for the online application.
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached to the first page of your resume. Your cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline your experience directly related to this position. Your submission will be used to assess your writing skills during the initial judging process. Due to system limitations, please submit your cover letter and resume as one file.
Michigan Public Media (MPM) is looking for a team player to join their Business Office team. Reports to the Director of Human Resources and Finance. In addition, we provide regular and ad-hoc support to our membership team. This role includes exercising discretion and judgment regarding confidential matters and confidential information. You’ve developed a skill and an ability to know when to ask a question or ask for help. You are self-motivated, take initiative, and have demonstrated an ability to tolerate moderate ambiguity.
Provide financial and administrative support for MPM. Provide quality customer service and work with procurement, financial operations and central office processing provided in our shared service centres.
70% Finance, Audit and Research Management
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial reports for annual external financial audits.
- Prepare annual audit deliverables.
- Create income, balance, cash flow sheet statements, and a variety of other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyze financial reports and records and make recommendations related to accounting for reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Evaluate business processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct annual policy reviews, continuous improvement efforts, and documentation of processes and procedures.
- Monitors financial policies and procedures, maintains written policies and procedures for internal control purposes, completes gap analysis and sub-certification, reviews management reports regularly, monitors areas of concern, and ensures that activities are aligned with management rules Ensure compliance with our policies;
- Assist the grant director with pre- and post-grant research management tasks.
- Assist with end-of-month billing processes.
30% management responsibility
- Provide administrative support to the HR Director and Executive Director/General Manager.
- Assist in the development and documentation of job descriptions for staff positions within the department. Affiliated with Unit HR.
- Provide support for the search and recruitment process, including scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, and coordinating with Unit Human Resources.
- DEI and Professional Development (PD) Initiative
- Provide back-up support for administrative assistants, including answering phones, copying, faxing, filing, ordering office supplies, distributing office mail, and other office duties as required.
- Provide ad-hoc support for broadcaster fundraising efforts.
- Co-Leader of the DEI/PD Committee.
- Contribute to the planning, management and execution of DEI & PD events and programming.
- We collect information for our weekly newsletter.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred.or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
3+ years of demonstrated competence and experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, or Bookkeeping accounting
Knowledge of financial analysis and reporting
Ability to use Excel (can perform complex functions) and Word
Working hours Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
Knowledge of university financial systems (e.g. MPathways (Peoplesoft), Business Objects Querying/Reporting Tool, Concur/PCard Reconciliation, Accounts Payable/Procurement) and policies/procedures a plus. An understanding of wireless traffic systems is desirable. Customer service or donor relationship experience preferred. Experience providing administrative support to multiple teams.
* Paid holidays are available in July and December.
This position is a hybrid position (3 days face-to-face, 2 days remote).
The salary for this position will be based on the selected candidate’s education and experience.
Enjoy great benefits. For more information, please visit http://benefits.umich.edu.
$50,000 – $60,000
Jobs are posted for a minimum of 7 calendar days. The review and selection process may begin eight days after submission. This opening may be removed from the posting board and filled at any time after the minimum posting period has expired.
Michigan Radio EEO Statement:
To strengthen and continue its mission to produce authoritative content and grow a diverse community of listeners, Michigan Radio is committed to attracting and retaining a creative workforce full of diverse perspectives and experiences. It is working. We are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds, identities and ages.
University of Michigan EEO/AA Statement:
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
University of Michigan COVID-19 Immunization Policy:
All three campuses, including the University of Michigan School of Medicine, now require all University of Michigan students, faculty, and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes people working or learning remotely. For more information on this policy, please visit the Campus Blueprint website or the UM Dearborn and UM Flint websites.