One Spartan Berg Co., Ltd.an organization focused on building a vibrant Spartanburg through business, economic and tourism development, said it has landed 36 economic development projects in 2022. Spartanburg County and the spartanburg city.
The project generated $3.2 billion in capital expenditures and created 1,742 new jobs.
Allen Smith, President and CEO of OneSpartanburg Inc., said:
Some of the economic development projects for 2022:
- BMW Manufacturing – $1.7 billion investment in electric vehicle production. This includes Woodruff’s new $700 million battery assembly plant.
- Greenidge Generation – $264 million investment in cryptocurrency mining and power generation facilities
- BMW Manufacturing – $200 million investment in new stamping plant
- BMW Manufacturing – announced $1.7 billion in October, including 300 new jobs
- Ingram Micro – $37 million investment announcement, including Roebuck’s regional fulfillment center. 203 new jobs are expected.
- Winar Connection Inc. – $5 million investment to establish facilities to meet increased demand. This is expected to create 50 new jobs.
In 2021, Spartanburg announced 44 economic development projects, leading to $1.9 billion in investment and the creation of 4,045 new jobs.