Tifton, GA (WALB) – Students at 8th Street Middle School in Tifton participated in the winning business while learning more about it through the National Future Business Leaders of America Leadership (FBLA) conference.
57 students from our school competed in 24 different events. Of those students, 22 he finished 1st, 15 he finished 2nd, 10 he finished 3rd, 5 he finished 4th, Six out of six he finished fifth.
Students are under the guidance of their teacher, Ms. Laurel Mullen. The skills she learns, she says, will help them become better employees, better students, better communicators, and better team members. stating that it is always helpful during practice.
“Maren, she’s always there for people, she’s really kind and nice, and she knows how to get along,” the students said.
FBLA connects business and education to support student leadership and career development. Students learn confidence-building, public speaking, business her marketing, and even math skills. These skills will be used to compete with other students all over Georgia.
The students are currently preparing for the state competition in February.
Below is a list of this year’s honorees for 8th Street Middle School. Congratulations to WALB!
- Olivia Davis – Business Concepts
- James Fresh and Reid Tubbs – Business Ethics
- Allie Hyde – Business Etiquette
- Max Nelson – Business Mathematics
- Allie Hyde – Career Research
- Kaitlynn Fields and German Meza – Critical Thinking
- Krish Patel – Digital Citizenship
- Chloe Brown – Elevator Speech
- Madison Schwartz – Exploring Economics
- Max Nelson – Exploring Technology
- Lillian Van Brackle – FBLA Concept
- Reid Tubbs – FBLA Mission and Pledge
- Krish Patel – Financial Literacy
- Mazie Werner – Interpersonal Communication
- James Fresh – An Introduction to Business Communication
- Mariah Walton – Leadership
- Hannah Fallin – Learning Strategies
- Arabella Whittington – Marketing Concepts
- Riya Naikare – Marketing Mix Challenge
- Avery Weaver – Public Speaking
- Jayda Harrell – Running Effective Meetings
- Kaitlyn Merrill – Social Media Concepts
- taylor donaldson – business concept
- Leah McMurphy – Business Etiquette
- Christian White – Business Mathematics
- Christian Dennis – Career Research
- Krithik Rajanikanth – Exploring Computer Science
- Bo Bryant – Exploring Economics
- Jody Perez – Exploring Technology
- Braylee Lamb – FBLA Concept
- Jordy Perez – Financial Literacy
- Mariah Walton – An Introduction to Business Communication
- Breiley Kleine – Leadership
- Josiah Johnson – Learning Strategies
- Jackson Tull – Marketing Concepts
- Olivia Davis – Microsoft Office Concepts
- Miyah Griffin – Social Media Concepts
- Aldyn Lightsey – Business Mathematics
- Breiley Kleine – Career Research
- Bryce Rutland – Digital Citizenship
- Leah McMurphy – Exploring Economics
- Zeel Patel – Exploring Technology
- Nairobi Graham – FBLA Concept
- Mya Alejo – Financial Literacy
- Bailey Sexton – Leadership
- Lyra Edwards – Microsoft Office Concepts
- Hunter McCrary – Social Media Concepts
- Bryce Rutland – Business Etiquette
- Kazmir Lester – Business Mathematics
- Mya Alejo – Exploring Technology
- Dylan Moyer – FBLA Concept
- Braylee Lamb – Leadership
- Christian Dennis – Business Etiquette
- Addison Baker – Business Mathematics
- Bailey Sexton – Career Research
- Zeel Patel – Exploring Computer Science
- Laney Braswell – FBLA Concept
- Miya Griffin – Leadership
Copyright 2023 WALB. all rights reserved.